Location: Research Library II floor
Phone: +372 665 9431
Interlibrary loan can be used to borrow books that aren’t available at our library from other libraries in Estonia (excl Tallinn) and abroad. Please check the availability of the book you are looking for in the online catalogue ESTER and the e-journal and ebook catalogue Publication Finder.
Through interlibrary loan, you can order:
- photocopies of journal, magazine and newspaper articles
Your order will arrive:
- in up to a week from Estonia
- in 2-4 weeks from elsewhere in Europe
- in 2-4 months from Russia and America
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the arrival of your item for the time you need it. Cancelling your order is not possible.
You cannot order:
- reference works
- fictional literature
- diploma, Master’s and Doctoral theses
The library that the interlibrary loan book is ordered from will determine the due date (usually 2-4 weeks) and terms of loan:
- the due date cannot be extended
- if a book is returned late, the patron must pay a fine determined by the library the book is from
- books that can only be used in-house cannot be borrowed through interlibrary loans
We will notify the patron of the book’s arrival via e-mail or phone.
The cost of ordering a book
Find the price list of the services HERE.
Payments can be made in cash or with an invoice. Please add the name of the person to receive the invoice or receipt on the order form.
Library patrons should use the order form for patrons. Please write the names of Russian orders using the Latin alphabet.
INTERLIBRARY LOAN FOR LIBRARIES
All libraries can order books from our collections using the form below, e-mailing us or using a paper form.
You can order originals or copies of articles. For originals, our library will pay the delivery fee and the receiving library will pay the return fee. Article copies are sent for free.
You can order electronic copies of articles (PDF).
If the book you requested is currently on loan, we will place a hold in your name. Please note the date you need the book by in your order.
Items with the following locations cannot be loaned via interlibrary loan:
- AL TLU baltica collection
- AL TLU reference collection
- AL TLU Expatriate Estonian Literature
- AL TLU in-house use
- TLU Haapsalu college library
- TLU Estonian Institute of Humanities
- TLU Language Centre
- Items stored in university institutes
Books can be borrowed for 1 month, study materials for 14 days. If no one has placed a hold on a book, the due date can be extended. Please use the order form for libraries when ordering books from either our research library or study centre. Please write the names of Russian orders using the Latin alphabet.
The Karlsruhe University search engine allows you to search from many libraries: http://www.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/kvk.html